Business Development Manager
ABOUT HABCO MANUFACTURING
HABCO has been designing and manufacturing innovative, stand-alone commercial refrigeration for over 65 years. You’ve probably seen one of our refrigerators or freezers if you have ever visited a restaurant, grocery store, convenience store, pharmacy or cafeteria. HABCO models are Built To Perform & Crafted To Last!
Our core competencies are Teamwork, Initiative and Client Focus (both internally and externally). As a production scheduler and parts shipper, your customer includes various personnel within HABCO in addition to our many valued clients.
We believe in acting with urgency in everything we do. “Not My Job” holds no place in our vocabulary. In fact, we recognize our employees for going above and beyond, addressing challenges and architecting solutions.
At HABCO, we win as a team, we lose as a team (But truthfully, we LOVE winning!). We want to hire engaged, motivated people who understand that without our customers, there is no HABCO.
Every HABCO employee is an Ambassador for our brand and what it stands for. Quality, Reliability, Innovation, and Exceptional Customer Experience.
- You are the commensurate deal maker who relentlessly pursues new opportunity and loves to win
- Networking and building relationships is an innate part of who you are
- You have an “Owner” mentality, managing your book of business as if you were the sole proprietor
- You leverage sales data and performance metrics to maximize the potential of every opportunity including your own strategic focus
- You are a champion for the use of CRM systems as a productivity and organizational tool
- You understand inherently that Price does NOT equal Value and that customer experience will ultimately win the day
- You thrive on frequent travel and enjoy a “Work Hard Play Hard” lifestyle
- You are a self-starter with drive and initiative (this is a work from home position)
- You are a creative sales person who can find a way to connect with decision makers using unique, non-traditional means as necessary
- You are an information gatherer, willing to ask the tough questions so as to best understand client requirements, price tolerance, volume demands and primary buying criterion
- You are a keen negotiator with an eye for creating a win-win scenario that meets HABCO’s needs in a manner palatable to the client
- You are a consultant to industry, selling solutions (non-transactional)
- You are a team player, willing to go the extra mile to ensure the mutual success of your team
Duties and Responsibilities
- Priority focus on new business development (80% of your activity) including cold calling, email campaigns, referrals, and trade show leads
- Contact existing and potential customers in the US, establishing and building long-term relationships in order to generate sales with same.
- Develop and maintain business with Bottler & Beverage Brands, C-Store & Fuel Center Chains, Grocery, and specified market segments including both regional and national accounts.
- Organize and set-up exhibits and represent HABCO Products at industry trade shows as determined necessary to promote business development
- Assume responsibility of projects from time to time assigned by Senior Management
- Document all business-related activities and maintain an up to date sales pipeline in Salesforce.com CRM
- Keep abreast of changes in the Industry by seeking information about competitors and reporting on same
- Execute period & annual sales forecasts and other activity based KPI’s to meet performance expectations
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
Skills & Experience
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in an outside sales role selling complex technology or commercial equipment
- Experience selling commercial refrigeration or HVAC considered an asset
- Experience selling to food equipment dealers, restaurant chains, retail chains, grocery, CPG’s or C-Store chains at the C-Suite level preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM (MS Dynamics) preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) required (MUST COMPLETE A PROFICIENCY TEST)
- Valid drivers license and passport required (intermittent travel to Canada required)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. or Canada
- As this is a home based position, any location within the U.S. or Canada will be considered
- Frequent overnight travel (mainly throughout the U.S.) for up to a week at a time is required
- Occasional weekend attendance to represent HABCO at trade shows and other industry events
What’s On Offer
- Competitive Base Salary
- Car Allowance
- Monthly Target Bonus
- Quarterly and Annual bonus incentives (KPI based)
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Friday afternoons off (day ends at 1:30pm)
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Pension plan
Sound like a Good Fit? We’d love to talk to you!
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.