About HABCO Manufacturing
HABCO Manufacturing is a dynamic, growing and fast-paced organization. We have over 60 years of experience designing award-winning, energy-efficient commercial refrigeration appliances. We have built our reputation on the solid foundations of quality, innovation and people committed to a job well done.
We are looking for a Manager of Service and Parts, Commercial Refrigeration. Working from our corporate head office in Toronto, ON, this role is a hands-on departmental leader managing a small team of parts and service personnel as well as supporting field service efforts through client organizations and third party technicians.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assign daily duties to a team of 1-2 junior technicians and parts personnel
- Train & Mentor inexperienced technicians to improve knowledge, skills and diagnostic capabilities across the complete line of HABCO medium temp and low temp models
- Serve as the point of contact for all escalated technical support calls from clients and third party service techs
- Follow-up with field service personnel to ensure timely and satisfactory repair
- Provide diagnostic support and issue accurate parts orders for both warranty and non-warranty repairs in a timely manner
- Administer warranty policy and book rates in a professional manner using reasonable discretion to ensure client satisfaction
- Manage in-house repairs for returned units and refrigeration cassettes as well as units that have failed final inspection on assembly
- Collect and compile repair data (warranty and non-warranty) and provide weekly reporting to senior management identifying repairs by component or deficiency (e.g. hermetic system leaks) as well as monitoring for epidemic failure trending
- Monitor & Manage warranty repair costs against budget targets using historical data as benchmark
- Compile database of preferred technicians throughout Canada and the U.S. using a ranking system based upon hourly rates, service response times and customer feedback (satisfaction with technician)
- In cooperation with the Engineering department, manage a database of schematic & exploded diagrams and parts lists to ensure accurate information is made available to field service personnel and other customers
- Facilitate and participate in ongoing professional development (internally and externally) to ensure all service personnel are educated on new and emerging technologies and processes
- 5 years or more experience in diagnostics and repair of commercial refrigeration in field
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Certificate (Commercial) from accredited college or training program
- Experience diagnosing and repairing both medium temp and low temp commercial refrigeration
- Experience with R290 systems preferred
- Experience with HABCO’s designs considered an asset
- Strong understanding of root causes for failure (environmental vs. mechanical) is essential
- Professional phone manners and sense of urgency a must
- Experience managing a small team preferred
- Client Focus
- Problem Solving
- Using Information Technology
- Product and Technical Knowledge
- Revenue and Profitability Management
- Customer Relationship Management
What’s In It For You
- Collaborative work environment
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
Sound Like a Good Fit? We’d love to talk to you!
- To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter including salary expectations in a single document file.
- Must already be authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer.
- This job is based in Toronto (North York), Ontario.