General Labourers – Manufacturing
HABCO Manufacturing Inc., North York, Toronto
About HABCO Manufacturing Inc.
HABCO Manufacturing Inc. is a dynamic, growing and fast-paced organization. We have over 60 years of experience designing award-winning, energy-efficient commercial refrigeration appliances. We have built our reputation on the solid foundations of teamwork, client focus and initiative.
We are looking for General Labourers – Manufacturing, responsible for ensuring that parts are processed through our manufacturing processes, complying with standard operating procedures and health and safety standards.
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $14 per hour + Benefits + Accumulated Bonus Incentive
Hours: Monday to Thursday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. Friday: 7:00 am to 1:30 pm.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assemble parts on the assembly line using screw guns and other hand and power tools
- Ensure work is performed to meet Company’s production and quality standards
- Inform Lead Hand for any materials, consumables or tool shortages
- Assist in materials handling and storage activities
- Maintain a safe work environment by complying with safety standards and guidelines. Use personal protective equipment and adhere to housekeeping procedures.
- One year of previous hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in refrigeration / HVAC industry an asset
- Currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours per day
- Ability to physically lift upto 35 lbs. on a regular basis
- Working with tools and technology
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Basic English communication skills
- Computer knowledge and experience
What’s In It For You
- Pay increases based upon training and development
- 6 Month Retention Bonus
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Collaborative work environment
Sound like a Good Fit? We’d love to talk to you!
- To apply, please send in your resume.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.